Thúy Nga Forum

THUY NGA 82

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> THUY NGA 82 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
THUY NGA 82 - 6/23/2006 11:44:54 PM   
fanboyvn

Hey, long time no see.  I just finished watching PBN 82 and would like to put up a quick, in-my-humble-opinion review for you guys to read and see if we share any similar thoughts.  Here I go...

1.  Ghen - Nguyen Hung: a very energetic opening with the always-reliable NH. 
2.  Lien Khuc - The Son, Thanh Ha: they should have done this medley live which would have brought much more energy and life into it.  With lip-synching, the number sounds at times really boring.
3.  Khi... - Khanh Ha: never underestimate "the Khanh Ha".  She delivered this song beautifully and looked fabulous.
4.  Madame Moon - Hong Dao, Quang Minh: a very welcomed appearance by one of the most treasured comedic couples of our time, unfortunately in a skit that is only uneven at best.  There were definitely some very funny moments ("Di sau vao quan...," Dr. Phieu's life history,...), but the audience could cut the awkwardness with a knife.  One of the good things is this skit was not as educational, teaching-the-audience as their recent skits.  It was more laid back and the talk-show atmosphere made it more appropriate.  The interview was quite entertaining.  I do hope QM and HD are not experiencing marital complications because they certainly didn't sound too optimistic about their marriage.
5.  Tinh Mong - Ngoc Lien: not my cup of tea but also not bad. 
6.  Dap Vo Cay Dan: Quang Le: sometimes change is good and QL certainly hasn't been willing to adapt to any new styles.  He certainly is one of the best for this kind of music but I do hope he will consider a different genre in the future.  The interview was pretty funny when QL honestly forgot his lines.
7.  Tan Co - Van Chung, Manh Quynh, Phi Nhung: a legend and two well-known talents made for a well accomplished number.  Once again, I am not too enthusiastic.
8.  Trung So Doc Dac - Kieu Oanh, Le Tin: not the smartest and most original skits ever written, but performed outrageously and energetically by the breathless Kieu Oanh, this was indeed the one skit in the video that drew the most laughs (at least from me).  Le Tin was reliable but the skit belonged to Kieu Oanh who demonstrated natural talent.  I look forward to seeing her in future skits.  One advice, though: Let Ky Duyen do her job, you'll do better as a comedian.
9.  My Philosophy - Hollie Thanh Ngoc: quite some major philosophy for such a young, ferocious-looking girl.  Her voice is quite accomplished, very modern.  The originality (maybe) was appreciated.  However, her costume and makeup could well make me scream at night.
10.  Vong Co Buon - Nhu Quynh: why, why, why was this included in a "Tieu Vuong Hoi" video???  She looked fabulous and sang quite well but the number was inappropriate and it made this beauty fade in the background.  What a shame!
11.  Ga Que An Quan Coi Xay - Chi Tai, Kieu Linh, Phi Nhung, Uyen Chi: the least funny of the four skits.  Of course, good lines existed but were sporadic, not enough to make an intelligent comedic number, and it ended so frustratingly.  I was like "what..."  Phi Nhung should be kicked somewhere so that she would stop giggling.  I think it should be announced soon that Luat Su Tran Trung Tri died in a car accident or whatever and will not be in any more skits.  He will surely be missed, but it's time to move on.
12.  Di Vang Em Dem - Duong Trieu Vu, Van Quynh: I gasped when I saw VQ in her outfit, I guess you know what I mean.  This is one of the new-generation songs.  Quite catchy tunes, delivered with conviction by both.  But nothing extraordinary.
13.  Dem Chia Tay - Luong Tung Quang, Nhu Loan: NL tried to elevate her talent by singing in higher octaves, but unsuccessfully.  The song started out great with beautiful melodies, but settled into a messy, confusing middle part that the two vocals could have done nothing to save.  The staging was great, however, and NL was once again drop-dead gorgeous in a silver dress.
14.  Khong Can Noi - Angela Tram Anh: a star is born.  This is by far the most artistic and vocally proficient performance in this video.  Thuy Nga really knows how to pump out good songs that seem tailor-made for their vocalists (remember "Sorry Seems To Be the Hardest Word" by Khanh Ha and Lam Nhat Tien, "Vien Khuc Viet Nam" by Duong Trieu Vu?) and it's unfortunate that they don't do this very often.  "Khong Can Noi" was sung so beautifully by Angela Tram Anh: she is heartbreaking in the soft parts, and pitch-perfectly astounding in the high notes.  I think it is better to use musically beautiful foreign songs like this than nowadays' whatever songs.  Keep this up and TN will be able to resuscitate itself from the recent slump.
15.  Roi Anh Trang Tan - Luu Bich: typical LB performance.  The cowgirl outfit was pretty arousing.
16.  Xin Dung Yeu Toi - Hoai Linh, Chi Tai, Huong Thuy: a so-so skit with very funny lines, mostly by HL (not surprisingly).  HL was able to demonstrate an admirable acting range in this skit.  It was just not funny enough and ended so awkwardly like the third skit that it almost rendered everything else insignificant.
17.  Lien Khuc - Tran Thu Ha, Bang Kieu: these are two of the best vocals around and you can tell they have unrivaled control of their voices.  The medley was beautifully arranged, elevated by the artists.  This is my second-best number in the video.
18.  Tinh Roi - Tran Thai Hoa: a TTH performance that is as typical as possible.  I wasn't too enthusiastic.
19.  Nguoi Cho Em Biet Co Don: great dresses, great choreography, ok song.  Nothing to die for.
20.  Seasons in the Sun - Many young singers: what was LTQ doing in here?  I guess "little children everywhere" was for Adam Ho and "goodbye papa" was for him.  New arrangement, very catchy.  The singer placement was strange since at times some of them just stood there with nothing to do or sing or say.
21.  Dung Xa Em Nhe - Minh Tuyet: the MTV was very bold at the beginning.  Well, MT has always been bold.  A good song at best, and engaging MTV.

Well, this is a B- video for me.  "Tieu Vuong Hoi" was as inappropriate as ever a title for this video.  I think it would have been better if they had not named it so.  The theme implied that the video would be flat-out comedic, which it wasn't near.  None of the songs were fun and energy driven (except for a few).  "Vong Co Buon" was a mistake, and even the ending song, "Seasons in the Sun," although energetically arranged, was about the goodbyes from a suicidal.  Even the MCs weren't at their comedic best.  Good performances were sporatic and few.  I hope you guys know by now that I wholeheartedly support TN, but my opinions are honest and written from my heart.  It's hard for me to hide my disappointment and I do hope the Atlanta show I'll be attending will make up for a year of misses, which, as my very reliable sources have revealed, may very well be.
Post #: 1
RE: THUY NGA 82 - 6/24/2006 1:22:53 PM   
B52

Nice review.

"Angela Tram Anh: a star is born" is right on.  Angela was finally able to showcased her true vocal ability in this solo performance.  Even though she did well in her duets with Hoai Tran from Asia 49 and then with Hollie from PBN 81, I'm glad that she had this opportunity to kind of separate herself and sing a song that is perfectly suited for her.  "Khong Can Noi" is a song that must be sung with a lot of vested emotions and range, and that is what Angela does best.  I hope TTTN will let her sing more of these type of song in future shows.  She's a quite versatile singer, but I think being dynamic and singing power ballad is her forte.

(in reply to fanboyvn)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> THUY NGA 82 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode