Thúy Nga Forum

Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga News >> Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 5:52:20 AM   
Kavana

Paris By Night 88 - Lam Phương
Đường Về Quê Hương

It has now been close to three weeks since the taping of Paris By Night 88 took place in Houston and it’s amazing how fast time flies when you’re having fun. I have been inundated with work and finals since I left Houston, I have hardly had time to breathe so my apology to all the fans for keeping you guys waiting for the behind the scene photos. Hopefully I haven’t let you guys down with the special moments that I was able to capture of life during the taping.

Paris By Night 88 with music of the beloved and respected Lam Phuong as the theme was a bittersweet experience for everyone involved.  Many artists were moved by the poignant plight of “Chu Lam Phuong” and the struggles and hardships that he has faced. I myself greatly admire this modest and down to earth musician for his strength and humility, as well as his organic and accessible yet incredibly captivating songs. For all he has endured he still maintains a great deal of dignity, independence and a tremendous sense of humor. I remembered offering him a drink and he jokingly turned it down because he didn’t want to visit the restroom in case it messes up his beautiful suit. On another occassion during rehearsal he mischievously remarked about wishing to replace Luong Tung Quang in the medley so he could be surrounded by the many beautiful dancers on stage. However, I can’t help but think that his light-heartedness is nothing more than a security blanket to hide his sadness at not being able to contribute more to the Vietnamese music industry. Throughout the taping however, Chu Lam Phuong preferred to sit alone in his wheelchair in a secluded corner because the experience and witnessing his creation coming to life onstage became too overwhelming for him. Nevertheless he was very courageous and didn’t want anyone to feel pity on him. On several occasions roaming backstage, I happened to catch him wiping away tears of happiness when no one was around. Frail as he was health wise, Chu Lam Phuong insisted on staying until the production crews wrapped up each day. It's moments like these that I truly treasure of my time backstage.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that all the performers in the show have a soft spot for Chu Lam Phuong – you can see the adoration, respect and appreciation that they have for him in their interaction with him throughout the taping. Everyone applauded and concurred when Chu Lam Phuong received standing ovations from the audience, acknowledging and commenting that no one deserves it like Lam Phuong. I believe that the majority of the singers backstage had tears in their eyes at one stage or another throughout the taping because they were so moved by the show. On behalf of everyone who loves Vietnamese music and members of this forum, I would like extend our gratitude to Chu Lam Phuong for all he has done for Vietnamese music and culture.

Anyway, each Paris By Night taping is like a mini vacation for me, a chance to catch up and hang out with the cast and crew, and a chance to escape the daily grind of the corporate world. I must admit I had a lot of fun in Houston and the Galleria in downtown was almost like my home away from home during my stay there. I have never shopped so much in my life and yet I couldn’t find a pair of shoes to my liking, could you believe it? (Trust me, I pretty much covered every inch of the Galleria and Katy Mills and thanks to that “special someone” who had to endure my crazy, “kho chiu” shopping pedantic-ness for three days straight). Okay, less talk about me and more talk about Paris By Night 88.

Judging by the audience immediately after the taping, Paris By Night 88 “Duong Ve Que Huong” was a huge success. There were so many great and memorable performances that brought back a lot of memories for me personally. And the show being LIVE added a lot of raw emotion and an element of excitement and risk to the show. I strongly believe that the audience worldwide will love and treasure this show that had much of the audience in Houston cried throughout both shows. Paris By Night 88 also marked the return of Bach Yen and Hoa Mi to the stage. They performed "Cho Em Quen Tuoi Ngoc" and "Em Di Roi" respectively with raw poignant emotion and sheer magnetism. Also scattered throughout the show are some really cute and visually exciting performances such as the beautiful and melodious group opening number,  Nhu Loan & Ngoc Loan's endearing duet, Huong Thuy & Ha Phuong's stunningly pretty medley and Luong Tung Quang, Thuy Tien and Bao Han's lively Parisian medley. The highlight of the show is undoubtedly the musical piece with Nhu Quynh and The Son that will move to tears. If you love Lam Phuong's music, then you'll love this show which contains many of Lam Phuong's well known hit songs performed LIVE on stage - there are just too many to list here.

However, the mood behind the scene was quite subdued mainly because the industry is going through a big crisis at the moment due to piracy. All the singers were demoralized by the ever increasing impact that piracy has on the show. Audience reaction is no longer a barometer or guarantee for a show’s success. The Paris By Night Talent Shows were the most talked about shows in a long time but that didn’t translate into sales because the audience out there for the majority opted to buy the pirated and illegal copies of the show. It is quite demoralizing for everyone involved especially when considering the huge investment that we put in both in effort and financially. You guys can judge for yourself on the high technical, staging and performance quality that Paris By Night put on display compare with other productions and quality comes at a very high price. And that cost is even when more when you factor in the additional expense of recording and mixing a live show at the highest audio quality. The majority of performances Paris By Night 88 were performed live and this also means the extra costs of a live band and weeks of rehearsal back in Los Angeles involving musicians from as far as Australia. To be honest, I don’t know how long Thuy Nga can cope if the disturbing trend of piracy and illegal downloading continues. If you love your Paris By Night and the artists, I beg you please don’t buy pirated products or download it illegally off the internet.  

Anyhow, moving on to the more happy memory of Paris By Night 88 in Houston. One of the things I observed is that the Paris By Night’s casts and crews are like one big family. Everyone who worked in the production all seem to know each other from all the filmings that have taken place throughout the last decade. And to that extended Paris By Night family we welcome first time director, Alan Carter, one of the biggest director, editor and name in music and variety entertainment in Hollywood. We trust that Alan Carter will bring fresh eyes and perspective to your beloved Paris By Night this time around.

Being a LIVE show, many of the performers had to rest their vocals for the actual taping but there’s no stopping the mischief when you have so many characters around. Even though there was a lot of waiting around and general tiredness, there’s nothing like a shot of performance adrenaline, the rush of performing to get everyone going. So much hard work, nervous anticipation, stress and trepidation goes into a performance which may last only a few minutes but once the show is over, the singers miss it a great deal.

Paris By Night 88 marks the return of Nhu Quynh to the Thuy Nga’s stage after a long absence and her fans will undoubtedly be satisfied with her mini-musical performance with The Son, which is a first for Paris By Night. However, Nhu Quynh was injured during rehearsal for one of the choreographed routine and the injury worsened during the same routine at the afternoon show but she soldiered on bravely. It was strange but many singers were sick during the taping of Paris By Night 88. Khanh Ly couldn’t even speak the day before but somehow managed to pull off her performance on the day. So too was Y Lan, Khanh Ha and many others yet they all professionally pulled through on show day.

Anyway, before I bore you guys to death let me just note down briefly some of the cute and amusing stories of life behind the scene. A fact I learnt about some of the singers is that most of them love crawfish. I lost count of the numbers of time someone asked for crawfish even at 12.30 in the morning, which was quite funny because I don’t understand the fascination with crawfish. During the taping we also had Chu Ngan’s and Tam Doan’s birthdays so happy belated birthday to both of them. Bang Kieu’s son, Beckam, was a hit with his Captain Feathersword outfit which both Nhu Loan and Duong Trieu Vu borrowed to entertain themselves. Beckam was such a natural in front of the camera, it must be in the gene. It was a hoot for me to take photos of Duong Trieu Vu and Nhu Loan so thank-you to both for being good sports and posing those hilarious shots for me. Trust me there’s a funny shot of Duong Trieu Vu and Nhu Loan together that only a photo can do justice, I will post it up once the DVD has been released. There are many photos that are so cute that I can’t post up right now but trust me the wait will be worth it. I tried to capture as many spontaneous shots as possible this time around so I had to sneak up on many of them which earned me the title of paparazzo. See the things I have to do to keep you guys happy? Just kidding!

After the complaint I received last time around, I had to blackmail Thuy Tien to pose for me otherwise Thuy Tien’s fans will be after me again and she gladly obliged. Bao Han was another hottie who sizzled in front of the camera and many dancers lined up to take photo with her in the performance costume. You guys will have to wait a little longer to see what I’m talking about. Pretty much all the new singers from the Talent Shows were still adjusting to having their photos taken so I had to ambush them which kind of explains for the stunned appearances in many of their photos. Huong Giang was shy about being photographed but couldn’t escape my lens; I managed to get some good shots of Quynh Vi rehearsing with Huy Tam as well and hopefully she’ll get some sort of endorsement from the gel company because she used one of their tubes as a microphone to practice. Not to mention one of my favorite and priceless shots of Quynh Vi practicing her dance move in the make-up room unaware that I was standing right there. Before I forget, thank-you Tran Thai Hoa and Ngoc Lien for keeping me entertained during the flight over to Houston. (PS. Ngoc Lien – you owe me dinner don’t forget hehe).

Enough of my rambling already, I think you guys just want to see the photos and they pretty much speak for themselves. There are more wonderful to come but you guys will have to wait until the DVD is released. I hope you guys enjoy these snapshots in the meantime. I will also post up the dancers’ blog shortly as well. Enjoy and take care! Please support Paris By Night by buying the genuine products.

Thanks and happy blogging
Kavana

< Message edited by Kavana -- 5/16/2007 6:41:15 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 7:08:28 AM   
boigeorge00

BAO HAN!!

(in reply to Kavana)
Post #: 2
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 7:09:24 AM   
linhtinh_xaban

oh thanks so much Kavana but why NQ has just one picture..and the othes has more than 1......no fair...

(in reply to Kavana)
Post #: 3
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 7:13:14 AM   
Kavana

Chi Nhu was injured and was unwell, I didn't want to bother her too much. Thanks for understanding.

(in reply to linhtinh_xaban)
Post #: 4
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 7:17:38 AM   
Hoanovedem

Wowwowowwwww Great pix! Thanks Kavana for sharing!

"10 Thương" TÂM ĐOAN
1 Thương tóc xõa mơ màng
2 Thương em ăn nói, dịu dàng mà lại có duyên
3 Thương 'cằm' lún đồng tiền
4 Thương, thương đôi mắt, như sao hiền mùa thu

(in reply to Kavana)
Post #: 5
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 7:46:58 AM   
holethulover

Beautiful.
thank you for the pictures(:

(in reply to Hoanovedem)
Post #: 6
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 8:27:28 AM   
mexanh

Thank you vewy vewy mush Kavana. Any more of mah Thuy Tien? 2 aren't enough  BTW, can I post Thuy Tien's photos on her website?

http://www.facebook.com/tastudio
http://www.facebook.com/kimnutrition
http://www.facebook.com/thuytienus

(in reply to Kavana)
Post #: 7
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 8:32:10 AM   
Camberie

thanks soooo much!!!!! bao han with blonde her....she looks also nice for me!! minh tuyet looks also very handsome.....who is with tam doan on the last pic??

blaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

(in reply to mexanh)
Post #: 8
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 8:41:38 AM   
Pham Duy Long

Thanks Kavana so much.

Minh Tuyet, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Minh Tuyet forever
http://www.facebook.com/dragonduy12

__________ DRAGON ______________

(in reply to Camberie)
Post #: 9
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 8:52:21 AM   
Hoanovedem

quote:

ORIGINAL: Camberie

thanks soooo much!!!!! bao han with blonde her....she looks also nice for me!! minh tuyet looks also very handsome.....who is with tam doan on the last pic??

Quang Le

"10 Thương" TÂM ĐOAN
1 Thương tóc xõa mơ màng
2 Thương em ăn nói, dịu dàng mà lại có duyên
3 Thương 'cằm' lún đồng tiền
4 Thương, thương đôi mắt, như sao hiền mùa thu

(in reply to Camberie)
Post #: 10
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 9:05:50 AM   
Le_Chi

Close to three weeks?  It hasn't been two weeks yet - you were having too much fun I can tell.  Anyway, you are forgiven because your pictures compensated for your lateness.

One feedback I have to the make-up team is that please do not put too much make-up on Huong Giang.  She does not need it; she's too young to require that much cosmetics on her which ultimately takes away her innocent look.  I don't know if the make-up was actually needed for better results on video, which is a possiblity, but judging from the photos here it makes her look older than she is.  Compared to how she looked naturally in her audition on miratunes, she's better off without the help of the make-up artists.  And please, I don't want to see another Trish with that eye shadow.

Thanks for your pictures and tidbits.

(in reply to Kavana)
Post #: 11
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 9:06:13 AM   
giacngucodon

trùi ui , không có hình cô HOÀNG OANH HẢ KAVANA

Nếu ai có hỏi bao giờ chúng mình đẹp đôi
Em ơi đừng tủi đừng buồn canh vắng đơn côi
Nếu ai có hỏi ngay nao ngày vui duyên nợ
Mùa nao mùa vui pháo đỏ
Em đừng buồn nhé em ơi

(in reply to Hoanovedem)
Post #: 12
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 9:11:08 AM   
hayeu

cam on Kavana nhieuuuuu
hinh moi nguoi dep qua

"Thẹn bao mình đục sinh thời đục
Nhờ chút lòng yên gặp nước yên
Đêm mộng Quan Âm vào cỏ nội
Sông thu trong vắt dáng sương huyền"

(in reply to giacngucodon)
Post #: 13
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 9:12:29 AM   
mexanh

Awww Beckham is soooooo cuuuuuuuute! Everyone looked awsome too. You are such a good camera man Kavana

http://www.facebook.com/tastudio
http://www.facebook.com/kimnutrition
http://www.facebook.com/thuytienus

(in reply to giacngucodon)
Post #: 14
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 9:34:15 AM   
hayeu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kavana

Chi Nhu was injured and was unwell, I didn't want to bother her too much. Thanks for understanding.

she was injured???? what happened Kavana?

"Thẹn bao mình đục sinh thời đục
Nhờ chút lòng yên gặp nước yên
Đêm mộng Quan Âm vào cỏ nội
Sông thu trong vắt dáng sương huyền"

(in reply to Kavana)
Post #: 15
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 11:10:51 AM   
NhuLoanJr

MY NHU LOAN ISH VERY VERY HOTT!!!!

Trung Tâm Thúy Nga, niềm vui của đời người. Xóa hết nỗi lo âu, xoa dịu nỗi đau.

(in reply to hayeu)
Post #: 16
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 11:37:12 AM   
Ai Quoc

Kavana, I am so jealous of you...I would love to be able to 'shadow' you one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please make my dream come true!!!!!

(in reply to NhuLoanJr)
Post #: 17
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 12:34:26 PM   
dung_dang

Finally some pics!!! Thanks so much, you don't know how excited I am to see these pics!! Woohoo. Is it just me or most of the guys look chubbier than the girls do, esp Quang Le and Duong Trieu Vu! I agree about the heavy makeup on Huong Giang, I don't think she needs that much at all. She's already pretty.

(in reply to Ai Quoc)
Post #: 18
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 12:35:40 PM   
dung_dang

Sorry, I'm new to this forum. But Kavana, are you a staff of the show or something?

(in reply to dung_dang)
Post #: 19
RE: Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog - 5/16/2007 1:18:10 PM   
Asias_Spy

quote:

....After the complaint I received last time around, I had to blackmail Thuy Tien to pose for me otherwise Thuy Tien’s fans will be after me again and she gladly obliged....

Thanks for keeping your promise, KAVANA You're such a cool person (and very lucky too)  Mah chi TTien is sooooo barbie-cuteeee

Here's something for you, Kav....have a few of these   :

(in reply to Kavana)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga News >> Paris By Night 88 - The Official Blog Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode