Thúy Nga Forum

Paris By Night 88 . My Review

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> Paris By Night 88 . My Review Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/27/2007 10:25:22 PM   
Lind@

First off, I was really excited to get this copy of Paris By Night Night. As I left The Khai Tri store I was quite disappointed at the cover but I can see Thuynga is lowering their expenses due to the reason of the piracy. I was really hyped when I saw the cover and the songlist. I am quite a fan of Lam Phuong's music and it is great to see Lam Phuong's gifts shown on a DVD. The graphic design of the cover was rather nice but a little crowded at the bottom, I think we all agree on that. But its a cover, it still looked really nice.

As I get home, I feel the urge to just watch this installment of Paris By Night 88 so quickly. Which is what I did. Even though I am pregnant now, I can still run. When you put the disc in, you just feel so excited that you are going to watch another series of Paris By Night. I speak for many other people when I say Thuynga is number 1, I am also a fan of Asia, Van Son and some others but Thuynga stands out the most. So the first thing that comes up on Disc one is an advertisement for a new taping. Paris By Night 90 or 91 taping all I can remember was that Marie To said some 'Phu Nu Vietnam'. I am really awful with my vietnamese and english but I do hope you guys understand my english.

I skipped pass the other advertisements and so the FBI warning pops up. Every PBN disc, you can't skip the FBI warning. I want everyone to support Thuynga but buying real copies of Paris By Night products. Not only Thuynga but Asia, Van Son and other productions. $25 AUS dollars should be enough for entertainment. I am an Australian and for normal american movies, their prices are around $30 AUS dollars and the duration is only around 2 hours. Thuynga spends money on 2 discs and the price is lower. So Thuynga is giving a real offer. Piracy is a thing many vietnamese people support. The price is cheap so people must but it. The piracy is not helping Thuynga at all. I am truly against piracy. Real copies are better than pirates for many reasons. So if you are a real fan. Please support Thuynga. Thuynga should come to Australia one time, the piracy is massive here. I have shut down a few pirated stores. But the message in this paragraph is buy real copies to support Thuynga.

I'll just be quick with some songs like the highlights. First off the intro song Doan Nguoi Lu Thu, I call this song a highlight because it had a really nice tune to it. The females arranged in a coloured Ao Dai and the males in a suit with an arranged inner shirt. It wasn't an intro song I would imagine but I liked it, for some slight reason, Huong Thuy didn't match with the other singers, it was just a little odd. I saw some past Talent Show contestants in Paris By Night 88, Huy Tam, Trinh Lam, Quynh Vi and Ngoc Loan which is all I remember, when I heard them in this intro song, they all sounded different and more better than they were in the Talent Show, A well done to them.. Y Lan had the second number, she sang 'Kiep Ngheo' which Nguyen Ngoc Ngan mentioned was Lam Phuong's first tango song. Y Lan did sing this live and I thought she did a good job, a few complaints by some forumers but to my opinion she did okay. Che Linh & Mai Quoc Huy are similar singers, I like Mai Quoc Huy because he has a really strong voice and is very similar to Che Linh's voice. I am really amazed to see someone younger then Che Linh to have such a similar voice. Passing the trend from generation to generation. This was a great number. Buc Tam Thu by Nhu Loan and Ngoc Loan did extravagantly wonderful in this song, Ngoc Loan stole the spotlight in this number. Ngoc Loan had a stronger voice than Nhu Loans soft voice. But together they did very well, when they sang together, you could hear the both of them which was really nice. They both are holding letters. I have no idea about what this song about but I think it was about sending letters to their loved ones, please correct me if I am wrong. Huong Thuy, Ngoc Lien, Minh Tuyet & Tam Doan, they four of them gather and sing Ngay Hanh Phuc I have heard this song so many times at weddings, this song is really enjoyable, Lam Phuong did a really good job with this song, it was filled with happiness and joy. It was hard to recognise what colour all four of them were wearing, I could only see Tam Doan's turquoise dress clearly seeing as it was the darkest dress out of the four. Ngoc Lien was quite different to the other 3, Ngoc Lien's voice is reather low pitched them Minh Tuyet, Tam Doan and Huong Thuy, but thats if I were to spot one out. It took me ages to figure out who was the odd one out. After the number Ky Duyen mentions that there aren't much joyful music that us Vietnamese people listen to but it is really nice to have a joyful song to be played again in the 21st century. Phut Cuoi, Bang Kieu made one of the biggest highlights of this whole show. We are all aware that Bang Kieu is a strong singer, and can pull off any note. But in Phut Cuoi, Bang Kieu showed all he had, which is what I thought. Near the end of the song, he pulls a long note. I was completely amazed and shocked. Nguyen Ngoc Ngan always mentions him after her sings though. Hoa Mi has returned, I wasn't fond of Hoa Mi as much, but now I get to see her sing a song that Lam Phuong wrote just for her, Em Di Roi. I still question if she still sings today. I thought this was amazing, to invite a singer to represent Lam Phuong's music from long ago. Its like restoring a city in ruins. I loved Em Di Roi, I was glad to hear that Hoa mi would return for one last solo in Thuynga. After Em Di Roi by Hoa Mi was the Nhac Kich, Chuyen Tinh Thoi Chinh Chien. This was my highlight. Nhu Quynh had returned and looks a little chubbier then her last performances in Paris By Night in Atlanta. I was absolutely devistated when I found out that Nhu Quynh wasn't in Paris By Night 85, 86 and 87. But I am really happy to see Nhu Quynh again. In this Nhac Kich, it features Nhu Quynh and The Son as lover including Huy Tam, Luong Tung Quang, Quynh Vi and Trinh Lam as the Phu Dien which they were acting as normal vietnamese people that are fleeing Vietnam. First off Ngay Tam Biet, the stage was bright and pretty with people saying goodbye to their loved ones. Listening to Nhu Quynh's voice again was just incredible, many of us Nhu Quynh fans have missed her voice on stage. After Ngay Tam Biet, The Son leaves the stage saying that they'll meet again and Nhu Quynh begins to sing Khoc Tham, as I've read earlier, many Nhu Quynh fans wanted her to sing Khoc Tham as a solo alone. Nhu Quynh did a great job, this was her only solo, it was quite short but it was amazing, after nhu quynh finishes this part. The Son starts his Solo in Chieu Hoang Vang, he and the male dancers are dressed as soldiers, the stage becomes really dark to show the mood. Next up is Con Tau Dinh Menh, this is where Huy Tam, Luong Tung Quang, Quynh Vi and Trinh Lam come in including The Son. All 5 of them sounds wonderful together. Behind the singers are people with bags getting ready to flee the land of boat. Everyone leaves the stage and Nhu Quynh returns with The Son. There are backdrops that cokme down before The Son begins to sing, it repreasents that they aren't together, they are miles away from eachother but their souls are touching. The song they sang was Mat and I personally thought that this part sounded the best. I dont know why but Nhu Quynh and The Son both sounded powerful. The final song comes up Vinh Biet Nguoi Tinh. The dancers in this bit represent the water. The Son is no longer on the stage, he appears on the screen at the back of the stage. Nhu Quynh and a few dancers are on a boat out in the sea. The waves are rising which pushes people off the boat, Nhu Quynh was one of those victims. On the screen, The Son lays down a handkerchief I'm assuming and puts in into the sea. Nhu Quynh receives the handkercheif before she drowns. This number lead some of the audience in tears. I think it is understandable that you can lose someone important to you after a serious event.

In disc one I see many techniques Thuynga is doing for example, presenting songs at different venues, the interviewing, the video clips and a few more I forgot. Like old days, Nguyen Ngoc Ngan talked non stop, I am not saying it as a bad thing but today its quite different. I think its a great half of the show. Just wonderful.

With disc one out of the picture. I next put in disc 2. At the start, I keep getting frustrated with the Ads, but they are there for a reason. The first song that intros disc 2 is Ha Phuong and Huong Thuy's song. Nang Dep Mien Nam & Khuc Ca Ngay Mua. Ha Phuong and the dancers are in very colourful Ao Dais, the dancers are also hold the Non la which is also known as Leaf hat? So in the Non la are pink flower petals which the female dancers throw around the stage. Ha Phuong sings first and Huong Thuy comes in last. Near the end of Khuc Ca Ngay Mua, Ha Phuong comes in and joins Huong Thuy and sings those last lines. These 2 songs were quite fun to watch, I myself watch it continuously. Nguyen Ngoc Ngan and Nguyen Cao Ky Duyen are in the audience asking for the people in the audience to sing a line of one of Lam Phuong's songs. I think that was different and interesting. So the show continues on and the Hai Kich has started. The highlights in this skit was 'ID & Ai Di' and a few more I shouldn't mention. The Lien Khuc Thien Dang Ai An was a highlight for me, Bao Han had blonde hair, and I think she looked gorgeous, its also great to see Thuy Tien and Luong Tung Quang also. Haven't seen them since the Talent show. The ending to this Lien Khuc got annoying, I had a dodgy disc, when the song ended, the disc would keep jumping, it had once skipped the interview with Bach Yen. I didn't see any scratches on the disc though. Minh Tuyet sang Minh Mat Nhau Bao Gio, the female dancers are in the same black outfit as Minh Tuyet but some features were different. The male dancers wore black with a silver coloured jacket if I could remember. The choreography was really good in this number, the dancers did very well. In Minh Tuyet's forum, fans noticed Minh Tuyet's earring was missing, ILuvTuQuyen actually had it correct. Minh Tuyet's earring was stuck in her hair, it was quite funny how it went missing, appeared again and went missing once again. Overall this performance was one of the best. One of Minh Tuyet's classics. The final performance Mot Minh performed by Huong Giang, it was really unique for the MCs to not announce this performance, after the video of Lam Phuong's life today, Mot Minh just began. This song is very emotional, on the big screen shows Lam Phuong in rough times, living alone and feeling like your trapped in a cage like a bird. I thought Huong Giang wasn't capable of closing a show but after hearing this, I was amazed. Huong Giang did not fail a note, not even once, she is in a white Ao Dai standing on the left of the stage, once you watch this, you start to feel alone, I felt quite alone watching this performance, like John had said, even if you are in an auditiorium filled with people around you, you can feel alone. This is the best ending. After Huong Giang had finished, there was no finale. I would have expected that. After such a sad song, you wouldn't want a finale. The credits begin to roll with a piano tune of Mot Minh.

Overall this installment of Paris By Night was truly memorable, especially for Lam Phuong. A show didecated to him and his strong music. Originally this was supposed to be a 3 composer show but Thuynga confirmed that the whole show was dedicated to him. I notice that Thuynga is moving to many places for tapings. Paris By Night 88 was taped in Houston, Hobby Centre if I could remember. Well done Thuynga. Another Thuynga DVD to remember.

< Message edited by Lind@ -- 7/28/2007 3:25:05 AM >

Nhu Quynh in Thuynga ..
Post #: 1
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/27/2007 10:42:26 PM   
DruN13

Cool review. But this doesn't make sense: "As I left The Khai Tri store I was quite disappointed at the cover but I can see Thuynga is lowering their expenses due to the reason of the piracy. I was really hyped when I saw the cover and the songlist"

How can you be dissapointed and then hyped about the cover? It is contradicting and doesn't make sense.

| Minh Tuyet | Nhu Quynh | Nhu Loan | Bao Han |

(in reply to Lind@)
Post #: 2
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/27/2007 11:02:37 PM   
NhuLoanJr

LMAO!!!! DREW UR SƠƠƠƠ MẮC CƯỜI!!!! TRỜI ƠI CƯỜI BỂ BỤNG MUỐN CHẾT!!!

Trung Tâm Thúy Nga, niềm vui của đời người. Xóa hết nỗi lo âu, xoa dịu nỗi đau.

(in reply to DruN13)
Post #: 3
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/27/2007 11:54:22 PM   
Lind@

quote:

ORIGINAL: DruN13

Cool review. But this doesn't make sense: "As I left The Khai Tri store I was quite disappointed at the cover but I can see Thuynga is lowering their expenses due to the reason of the piracy. I was really hyped when I saw the cover and the songlist"

How can you be dissapointed and then hyped about the cover? It is contradicting and doesn't make sense.

I guess I should have explained that in more detail. I was disappointed at the cover. But I was hyped when I looked at the cover because I was about to watch it. I think its everyones feeling, you are excited by looking at the cover cause you are about to watch it. But at the same time, you are disappointed at the design.

Nhu Quynh in Thuynga ..

(in reply to DruN13)
Post #: 4
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/28/2007 12:20:40 AM   
DruN13

It okiez. I was just confused.

| Minh Tuyet | Nhu Quynh | Nhu Loan | Bao Han |

(in reply to Lind@)
Post #: 5
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/28/2007 12:54:04 AM   
NhuLoanJr

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA LẠI CƯỜI TIẾP!!!!!!!!!!

Trung Tâm Thúy Nga, niềm vui của đời người. Xóa hết nỗi lo âu, xoa dịu nỗi đau.

(in reply to DruN13)
Post #: 6
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/28/2007 1:22:13 AM   
puppyLo16

I totally agree with you Linda! piracy is bad and if more viets understand that with the company getting less revenue, there's not enough money for them to continue producing these shows, yep 25 dollars is not very much compared to the old days where you had to spend 40 dollars on a pbn video.

Check this out!

http://mnnlo.blogspot.com/
http://www.vietpopstars.com

(in reply to NhuLoanJr)
Post #: 7
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 7/28/2007 4:34:16 AM   
ban_toi

vik dài mà ko xuống hàng nhìn mỏi mắt wá 

(in reply to puppyLo16)
Post #: 8
RE: Paris By Night 88 . My Review - 8/18/2007 3:04:13 AM   
Sweetdreams

I think PBN should have showed the finale...i wanted to see the reaction of the audience or at least they could have added the ending of the show in the Behind the Scenes...that wouldn't have wrecked the feeling of that song!!!!!!! Just seems weird that they changed that whole idea of a finale like when in PBN 81 they didn't have the Behind the Scences...

(in reply to ban_toi)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> Paris By Night 88 . My Review Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode