Thúy Nga Forum

Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Male Singers] >> Bằng Kiều - Tiếng Thời Gian >> Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 9/21/2008 7:12:00 AM   
lil_crazy_boi_25

Credit to John

Hi guys...it is now 4am in California. The first part of Paris By Night's 25th Anniversary Celebration. Let's first start off with the stage...one word: Spectacular. The centerpiece is a circular screen and around it are arches of lights and decoration. The stage is grand and modern. The lighting system used will definitely surprise you.

PARIS BY NIGHT 94 - 25th Anniversary (Part 1)

1. Vu Khuc Paris - QUYNH VI & NHU LOAN
Hay Cho Toi Ngay Mai (Hoai An, Vo Hoai Phuc) BAO HAN, DUONG TRIEU VU, MINH TUYET, LUONG TUNG QUANG, HO LE THU, TRINH LAM

The opening is divided into 2 parts. Before the curtain is raised we see a black and white video clip of a girl (Selina) walking through the streets of Paris in a white ao dai. Selina is meant to represent Paris By Night. We hear about the hardships at the beginning and how Paris By Night has been able to spread its wings to bring music to everyone in the world. The short clip concludes and the curtain is raised. We see a huge music box and the Eiffel Tower erected. Selina is now on stage in a blue ao dai (the one from the flyer). She brings the music box to life and we see Nhu Loan in a gold ao dai spin. She then waves her arms at the red curtain as it enveils a group of people representing the people of Paris. Quynh Vi, in a hot pink ao dai, also enters. They sing of the beauty and charm of Paris. Everything from costumes to props symbolizes Paris. We see chocolates, cakes , bread, etc...The choreography is cute and inviting.

Upon that, we hear a narration about how through the past 25 years, Paris By Night has brought music to people across the world. At this point Selina enters with a glowing globe in her hands. Another group of dancers enters adorned in ao dai and chinese-influenced headdresses and all encircle Selina. Then we see splashes of pyro on stage made in beat with the music. Giving the effect of the worldwide spread of music. Bao Han enters first in a turquoise ao dai, followed by DTV, then Minh Tuyet (red ao dai), then LTQ, then Ho Le Thu (yellow ao dai), then Trinh Lam. The song is very upbeat and the melody addicting. The song itself has very meaningful words: "Du sau dau hay niem vui, du la nuoc mat hay tieng cuoi...nguoi den day chung loi ca tu trai tim nay." At the end, a waterfall of pyro falls from the back The other 2 singers and dancers from the first group come back on stage at the end. In total we had 30 dancers and 8 singers from the grand and extravagant opening number.

2. Tinh Ngheo (Pham Duy) QUANG LE & NGOC HA
How nice it is to see Ngoc Ha back on the Paris By Night stage. She is beautiful in a pink ao dai. We all know the greatness of this couple as it was displayed during Ai Ra Xu Hue and Tinh Lua Duyen Trang. Their voices are perfect for this song and truly took the audience to a much simpler time for love and life.

* Acknowledge Pham Manh Cuong sitting in audience

3. Suoi Le Xanh (Pham Manh Cuong) HOA MI

* Acknowledge Thanh Son sitting in the audience

4. Ngoi Ca Que Huong Em (Thanh Son) HUONG THUY
This song was so innovative. Everyone is in black ao dai with red/orange/yellow designs on the front. I really didn't think much of it. However, when they all stand side by side, the images on the ao dai form a dragon to represent the Cuu Long river. The choreography is cute and elegant. And this song was made for Huong Thuy's voice...simply splendid.

* NNN interview Huong Thuy

* Anknowledge Ngo Thuy Mien sitting in audience

5. Ban Tinh Ca Cho Em (Ngo Thuy Mien) BANG KIEU

6. Em Phai Lam Sao? (Minh Khang) THUY TIEN

7. Lien Khuc 80s () TRIZZIE PHUONG TRINH, LYNDA TRANG DAI, TOMMY NGO

8. Tan Co "Kiep Cam Ca" (Huynh Anh, Vien Chau) PHUONG LIEN & PHI NHUNG

* Ky Duyen interview Phuong Lien & Phi Nhung

9. Niem Khuc Cuoi (Ngo Thuy Mien) KHANH LY & ELVIS PHUONG

10. Dung Trach Sao Sang Song (Hong Xuong Long) HA PHUONG

11. Mai Mai Khong An Han (Thai Thinh) LUONG TUNG QUANG

* Acknowledge Thai Thinh sitting in audience

12. Kich - HOAI LINH, CHI TAI, UYEN CHI

* NNN interview Hoai Linh, Chi Tai, Uyen Chi

13. Dem Dong (Nguyen Van Thuong) NGUYEN HUNG

14. LK Hay Cho Toi (Dino Pham Hoang Dung) & Con Tim Mu Loa (Sy Dan) NGUYEN HUY

* NNN interview Nguyen Huy

15. 7000 Dem Gop Lai (Tram Tu Thieng) HUONG LAN

16. Anh Di Chien Dich (Pham Dinh Chuong) THANH TUYEN

* NNN interview Thanh Tuyen

17. Thinking of You (Thu Thuy) BAO HAN & TU QUYEN

18. Mua Dong Cua Anh (Tran Thien Thanh) THE SON & HUONG GIANG

* Ky Duyen interview Tu Cong Phung

19. Nhu Chiec Que Diem (Tu Cong Phung) QUANG DUNG

20. Da Khong Con Hoi Tiec (Tung Chau, Thai Thinh) MINH TUYET

21. Ao Em Chua Mac Mot Lan (Hoai Linh) & Vong Nhan Cuoi (Thanh Son) MAI THIEN VAN & QUANG LE

22. LK Loi Yeu Thuong - DUY QUANG, DUC HUY, THAI CHAU, TUAN NGOC

23. Neu Co Yeu Toi (Tran Duy Duc, Tho: Ngo Tinh Yen) KHANH HA

24. Birthday Cake and Happy Birthday and balloons.

Well, it's getting late here. The 2nd part of this 25th Anniversary event takes place tomorrow. I can't wait!! I'll try to have more reviews completed soon. For now, good night everyone. And trust me...this show will blow you away when you see it. It's so entertaining and truly a variety show where it tailors to everyone's needs. You'll definitely find at least one thing you're excited about when you see this show.!!

Tú Quyên - Bằng Kiều - Trizzie Phương Trinh - Trịnh Lam - Ngọc Anh
Post #: 1
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 9/21/2008 7:13:18 AM   
lil_crazy_boi_25

Credit to victornguyenlieu

PARIS BY NIGHT 94 - 25th Anniversary (Part 1)

I would have to go against John in saying that this show was NOT spectacular. It was good, definitely up to/above par for a regular PBN show. But definitely NOT spectacular for an anniversary show. It was better than the 20th anniversary dvd, but its still not enough.

1. Vu Khuc Paris - QUYNH VI & NHU LOAN
Hay Cho Toi Ngay Mai (Hoai An, Vo Hoai Phuc) BAO HAN, DUONG TRIEU VU, MINH TUYET, LUONG TUNG QUANG, HO LE THU, TRINH LAM

I've liked Hay Cho Toi Ngay Mai ever since I hear snippets of it when LTQ & DTV were going over some lines a few weeks ago before recording the song. I like how they mixed in traditional cai luong headpieces with modernized ao dais for Bao Han, HLT & Minh Tuyet.

2. Tinh Ngheo (Pham Duy) QUANG LE & NGOC HA
WOW. Ngoc Ha's VOICE! I was thinking to myself the whole time, why doesn't she have this same stage presence and this voice that captures my attention when she was on Asia or Van Son. But immediately back on the PBN stage she truly shines and shows that she is one of the leading stars in the overseas Vietnamese music industry!

* Acknowledge Pham Manh Cuong sitting in audience

3. Suoi Le Xanh (Pham Manh Cuong) HOA MI

This was a usual Hoa Mi knock out. She performed and she gave it her all. Nothing LESS expected of Hoa Mi!

* Acknowledge Thanh Son sitting in the audience

4. Ngoi Ca Que Huong Em (Thanh Son) HUONG THUY
Huong Thuy did a wonderful job with the performance! For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking of Nhu Quynh during this act! The choreography was a simple yet it was truly representative of traditional Vietnamese dance!

* NNN interview Huong Thuy

* Anknowledge Ngo Thuy Mien sitting in audience

5. Ban Tinh Ca Cho Em (Ngo Thuy Mien) BANG KIEU

6. Em Phai Lam Sao? (Minh Khang) THUY TIEN

7. Lien Khuc 80s () TRIZZIE PHUONG TRINH, LYNDA TRANG DAI, TOMMY NGO (Tainted Love)
This performance truly makes you want to get up out of your seat and dance! 80's NEW WAVE... no one can truly do it better than Lynda, Tommy & Trizzie when it comes to Vietnamese New Wave performers!

8. Tan Co "Kiep Cam Ca" (Huynh Anh, Vien Chau) PHUONG LIEN & PHI NHUNG
I personally thought that this performance would have suited Huong Lan & Phi Nhung or Huong Lan & Huong Thuy much better. I have heard the vong co by Vien Chau "Sau Buc Man Nhung" performed by Huong Lan on a cd released in the late 90's and she definitely gives a much better performance than Phuong Lien. But, that doesn't mean this number was bad. It was still quite enjoyable! Bravo to Phuong Lien for still being in love with the art of cai luong when she's well past 60 years old.

* Ky Duyen interview Phuong Lien & Phi Nhung

9. Niem Khuc Cuoi (Ngo Thuy Mien) KHANH LY & ELVIS PHUONG
This HIGHLIGHT of the night. When they first announced the song, I was like damn... again? I just heard this in the PBN in Atlanta DVD! But when Elvis Phuong opened his mouth and the first few lines poured out of his and Khanh Ly's HEART (yes HEART not MOUTH) I was in AWE! The raw chemistry between the two old time crooners paired with their classic powerhouse voices truly bring together this performance. Niem Khuc Cuoi has been a favorite song of mine and is a constant selection on my playlist, its time to retire TTH & Thanh Ha's version (which I very much love), and put in this track!

10. Dung Trach Sao Sang Song (Hong Xuong Long) HA PHUONG
This was a pretty good song. Though there were some technical difficultires that required them to restart this performance, it turned out alright. I believe this is the FIRST time that Ha Phuong gets to deliver a solo performance on the Paris By Night stage and delivers a very successful, albeit safe, performance. One criticism I would like to make is that in the background video that is played on the LCD as she sings, who ever did her makeup for that video really made her look like a man, Hoai Linh to be exact.

11. Mai Mai Khong An Han (Thai Thinh) LUONG TUNG QUANG

* Acknowledge Thai Thinh sitting in audience

12. Kich - HOAI LINH, CHI TAI, UYEN CHI

* NNN interview Hoai Linh, Chi Tai, Uyen Chi

13. Dem Dong (Nguyen Van Thuong) NGUYEN HUNG
Taking cues from the 20th anniversary dvd, Nguyen Hung's performance incorporates costumes and choreography from his past performances on Paris By Night to create a new and striking tango rendition of a timeless classic, Dem Dong.

14. LK Hay Cho Toi (Dino Pham Hoang Dung) & Con Tim Mu Loa (Sy Dan) NGUYEN HUY
The kid actually didn't do too bad. I came in ready to close down my ears and eyes, ready for a major trainwreck. But Nguyen Huy gave a very entertaining, though very high pitched, performance. His dancing was enjoyable, not like the mockery scene in a lot of YouTube videos. He got a very very good round of applause from the audience and the entire theater was buzzing about this young star-to-be. Even when I went out to grab a bite to eat afterwards, there were many people in the restaurant who were raving about his performance!

* NNN interview Nguyen Huy

15. 7000 Dem Gop Lai (Tram Tu Thieng) HUONG LAN
I was expecting a reunion of Huong Lan & Thai Chau... I miss their wonderful duets with songs like Trang Rung Xuong Cau or Dung Noi Xa Nhau. They were Nhu Quynh & Truong Vu before there was a Nhu Quynh & Truong Vu!

16. Anh Di Chien Dich (Pham Dinh Chuong) THANH TUYEN
I never noticed her voice was this powerful until tonight! She was really belting out the tune!

* NNN interview Thanh Tuyen

17. Thinking of You (Thu Thuy) BAO HAN & TU QUYEN
Enjoyable pop song.

18. Mua Dong Cua Anh (Tran Thien Thanh) THE SON & HUONG GIANG
Absolutely no chemistry together on stage. They are respectable singers on their own but together their performance was lackluster.

* Ky Duyen interview Tu Cong Phung

19. Nhu Chiec Que Diem (Tu Cong Phung) QUANG DUNG
I have loved this song since Bang Kieu performed it a few years ago on one of his early Thuy Nga backed albums. I truly do thank Thuy Nga for introducing not only myself, but a new generation of Vietnamese around the world, to classic hits that we would never have a chance of getting to know if it weren't for it being introduced to us via an artists' album or on a PBN show. Quang Dung delivers a solid performance, I can't wait to get this song on the cd!

20. Da Khong Con Hoi Tiec (Tung Chau, Thai Thinh) MINH TUYET
As I said in another thread. I love Minh Tuyet, the song was hot, her voice was hot... but her outfit made her look like a HO! Short, short booty shorts with a midriff showing halter top and those "come eff me" knee high leather boots! (maybe up to the calf? they were definitely not ankle boots for sure!)

21. Ao Em Chua Mac Mot Lan (Hoai Linh) & Vong Nhan Cuoi (Thanh Son) MAI THIEN VAN & QUANG LE
MTV & Quang Le, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her voice! Solid performance.

22. LK Loi Yeu Thuong - DUY QUANG, DUC HUY, THAI CHAU, TUAN NGOC
In order of strongest voice to least: Tuan Ngoc, Duy Quang, Duc Huy, Thai Chau... they still gave an enjoyable performance. Though I would have been happy to see Duy Quang and Tuan Ngoc get their own numbers.

23. Neu Co Yeu Toi (Tran Duy Duc, Tho: Ngo Tinh Yen) KHANH HA
The song is given a jazz-ish makeover and Khanh Ha performs at no less than perfect with some sexy choreography thrown in! Jazz has always been this DIVA's forte, you can't expect her NOT to give a good performance!

I definitely must head to bed. I can't the singers, makeup artists, hair stylists, etc have a 5am call time. That's in 45 minutes. OMG

(in reply to lil_crazy_boi_25)
Post #: 2
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 9/22/2008 5:03:30 PM   

quote:

ORIGINAL: imloggedin

For those of you who did not go to the taping but are complaining, can I just ask you to wait until the DVD is out and then make your final judgment(s)?  It's unfair to judge something that you didn't witness and/or experience.  Yes, some of the songs are repeats; but the music arrangement, costumes, singers, etc. are different...so please don't jump to conclusion(s) now.

For those of you who did go to the taping and are complaining, umm...did we go to the same show?  I went to the Saturday show and the audience members were impressed with the singers and song selection.  I stayed until 1:30 AM and as I was walking to my car, people were still excited and kept on discussing their favorite performances. 

Since I couldn't remember the names of some of the songs that were performed (because I didn't take notes), I think I'll let the amazing John do the review.  I sat by the director, Alan Carter, so I didn't dare to take notes.  But I still remember the performances that I loved.

My top performances of the Saturday show (in no particular order):

Bao Han and Tu Quyen's "Thinking of You".  What can I say, I'm a loyal and crazy fan of Bao Han lol.  Bao Han looks amazing with her long black hair (she has bangs now) and that cute red dress.  A typical and catchy pop song, but Bao Han + Tu Quyen + hot guys dancing on ladders = .  Yes, I'm biased lol.

Minh Tuyet's "Da Khong Con Hoi Tiec".  I'll say that in the last few years, Minh Tuyet's style has become more and more sexy.  Sometimes I do get sick of her belly-showing wardrobes, but I'll say that she does have the voice.  Her outfit does resemble Britney Spears's outfit at the 2007 VMA; however, contrary to what people are saying, she did not perform in a bikini and her outfit is a little less revealing than Britney's.  Honestly, I don't remember what the song is about, I think I like the dancing and the set/stage design for this performance more lol. 

Nguyen Huy's "Hay Cho Toi" and "Con Tim Mu Loa".  Yes, I know that he's only a kid (10 to be exact) and that it's somewhat weird (is it too much if I say inappropriate?) to hear love songs from a kid.  However, there's no denying that the kid can dance.  He performed his heart out and the audience went crazy.  His singing needs improvement but his dancing is very entertaining.

A Gianh's "Lien Khuc Loi Yeu Thuong".  Yes, A Gianh = Anh Gia lol.  Paris By Night's "old men band" is made up of Duy Quang, Duc Huy, Tuan Ngoc, and Thai Chau.  Out of the four, I like Duy Quang's performance the best.  I'll rank Duc Huy's performance second because I'm not a big fan of Tuan Ngoc.  Plus, Duc Huy did surprise me because I didn't think he could sing that well.  Unfortunately, out of the four, Thai Chau's performance is...sorry for saying this...but not as good as the other three.

Khanh Ly and Elvis Phuong's "Niem Khuc Cuoi".  This has to be my favorite performance of the night.  Ngo Thuy Mien should just give the copyright of "Niem Khuc Cuoi" to these two and don't let anyone else sing this song.  How can two people 63 years of age sing like that?  Totally impressive and that is an understatement. 

Trizzie Phuong Trinh, Lynda Trang Dai, and Tommy Ngo's "Lien Khuc Nhac Tre".  Tommy Ngo's singing is questionable, but not tonight.  The audience didn't care about who can sing or who can't sing; they just simply watch the performance in awe.  Two words for the dancing and the acting...simply amazing.  A very exciting, memorable, and entertaining number. 

Post #: 3
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 9/23/2008 3:18:11 AM   
lil_crazy_boi_25

(in reply to 411)
Post #: 4
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 1/21/2009 10:19:07 PM   
knphamtn

There no doubt that Nguyen Ngoc Ngan is very knowledgeable about many things but when he asked the kid " The Thi Chau Bac Dau Lam Tien Tu Luc 3 Tuoi" (translation: did you start making money when you were 3?) he made me sick and he re-affirmed my long held belief that this man is so fake - there isn't
a real bone in his body, that he is all about money. Even Nguyen Huy, only 10 years, was supprised when he heard it. The kid started his career because
he loved to sing and dance and was good at it. He did not do it because of money. Mr. Ngan, Can you find me another kid like him at 3 years old so that
I could invest in to make some money. And to show his age Mr. Ngan kept repeating what the kid said - either he wanted to stretch time some more or he thought the audience was stupid or having a hearing problem. Mr. Ngan, we think it's time for you to pack it up. Your time has come. Say Goodnight, Mr. Ngan.
Don't make me sicker when I play another TN PBN DVD in the future to see your face and hear your voice.

Post #: 5
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 1/22/2009 1:42:49 AM   
lil_crazy_boi_25

i think you're in a wrong forum mate
and by the way i think he mentioned as a joke rather than being serious
thats wha t ithink anyway

(in reply to knphamtn)
Post #: 6
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 1/22/2009 5:16:04 AM   
lisanguyen

Holy... Look how many views for this topic mann. LOL

Please support Paris By Night by buying their original product! :)
Check out Bang Kieu & Minh Tuyet's new released CD 'Mot Nua Xin Cho Nhau' Be sure to get your copy!
www.bangkieu.com
www.facebook.com/bangkieuofficialpage
www.myspace.com/bangkieu

Post #: 7
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 1/22/2009 8:42:33 AM   
lil_crazy_boi_25

ahah are you serious?? Liza did u do all this?:P

(in reply to lisanguyen)
Post #: 8
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 1/22/2009 10:41:03 AM   
lisanguyen

Pfft.... pleasee..
I have studying to do, than going in and out on this topic. LMFAO

Please support Paris By Night by buying their original product! :)
Check out Bang Kieu & Minh Tuyet's new released CD 'Mot Nua Xin Cho Nhau' Be sure to get your copy!
www.bangkieu.com
www.facebook.com/bangkieuofficialpage
www.myspace.com/bangkieu

Post #: 9
RE: Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary - 1/22/2009 6:45:30 PM   
lil_crazy_boi_25

ahah well whoever it is im glad people are visiting this forum:p

(in reply to lisanguyen)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Male Singers] >> Bằng Kiều - Tiếng Thời Gian >> Paris By Night 94 - 25th Anniversary Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode